p-ISSN in process; e-ISSN in process
Title: Preschool Education: Global Trends
Certificate of State Registration of Print Media: Series КВ № 25163-15103 Р (03.06.2022)
Frequency: Semiannual (June and December)
Manuscript Languages: Ukrainian, English
Published since 2022
Publisher and Founder: Hryhorii Skovoroda University in Pereiaslav (Ukraine)
Preschool Education: Global Trends (PEGT) is an international double-blind peer-reviewed journal that accepts research and critical review articles. Preschool Education: Global Trends (PEGT) is a professional platform for scientific discussions of vital problems of psychology and pedagogy of preschool education through the lens of the best pedagogical practices, and promotion of children’s development from birth to school entry.
The journal covers a wide range of scientific topics related to the education of the youngest children, namely (a) mental development of children in early and preschool age; (b) children education at this age period, inclusive of the methods and didactics of education and upbringing of preschoolers; (c) preschool teachers' training at HEIs.
Preschool Education: Global Trends encourages the submission of empirical papers on the topics of that use a wide range of methods that are informed by the developmental topics. The journal encourages the submission of empirical papers that either involve the data set or provide access to the data in order to ensure the replication of the study.
The articles of particular interest to the journal are those that highlight the following topical issues:
- Inclusive education of preschoolers
- Bilingualism in childhood
- Mental and personal development of preschoolers
- Creation of a developmental environment
- Optimal and appropriate use of ICT in preschool education institutions
- Innovative technologies in preschool education
- STEM education
- Raising children in a multicultural environment
- Problems of communicative and social tolerance
- Formation of value orientations in children
- Supporting the development of social and subject competences of children
- Preparing children for school
- Continuity and perspective in education and upbringing of preschoolers
- Children socialization in mono- and multicultural conditions
- Educational programs in various settings
- Theory, research, and practice related to professional development
- Family, school, and community relations, etc.
Targeted Audience: scientists, HEIs educators, institutions for advanced training of teachers, specialists of the centres for professional development of teachers, pedagogical workers of the preschool education institutions, undergraduate and post-graduate students, PhD candidates.
Open-access Statement: Preschool Education: Global Trends (PEGT) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Full-text access to the articles of the journal is provided in the Archives section.
Publishing Ethics. The Editorial Board of the journal acts in accordance with the generally accepted ethical provisions and rules of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI), Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities, Publishing Ethics Resource Kit (PERK) for editors (Elsevier).
The journal’s Editorial Board has taken measures to ensure high ethical and professional standards based on the Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing (See Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement).
License terms. Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication of the work licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.